Back to all yachts

SKEAF III

Year1909
International RuleFirst Rule
Current Statussunk in the Baltic Sea
Current Locationunknown
Current Countryunknown
DesignerG. Barg
BuilderActien Gessselschaft Neptun (Rostock)
Waterline12.80 m.
Beam3.48 m.
Sail Area187.67 sq.m. - since 1922: 205.92 sq.m.
Constructionwood
Original OwnerHenry Horn
Original NameSKEAF III
Original CountryDE
Original HomeportSchleswig
Owner Details & History

Built according to the International First Rule.

1909 - 1913 Consul Henry Horn - name: Skeaf III - home port: Schleswig (Germany). Mr. Horn was an important importer of wood and he was the owner of five Twelves, all of them named Skeaf.

1914 - 1931 E. Lorch - name: Skeaf III - home port: Riga (Latvia). From 1923 to 1932 Helsingfors (Finland); in 1932: Riga (Russia). Lorch sailed Skeaf III to Shetland in 1924 or 1925. Registered in Lloyd's Register from 1930 as "formerly Int. Rating Class 12 Metres."

1934 Disappeared from the Lloyd's Register From an article published by "Die Yacht" she was still sailing in 1945, but she sank during a passage with refugees from the isle of Rugen.


All rights reserved. No part of this Register may be reproduced in any form by any graphic, electronic or mechanical means, including photocopies, nor can any registration of information within be recorded, without the written authorization of the authors Wm. H. Dyer Jones and Luigi Lang.