Back to all yachts


International RuleThird Rule others
Current Statusat the best
Current LocationSt. Tropez
Current CountryFR
DesignerChristian Jensen
BuilderSoon Slip og Baat A/S
Length Overall18.26 m.
Waterline12.72 m.
Beam3.63 m.
Displacement24 t.
Sail Area159 sq.m.
Constructionwood on steel frames
EngineYanmar 4JH/D
Original OwnerEinmar Stange
Original NameEILEEN
Original CountryNO
Original HomeportOslo
Original Sail NumberE 21
Owner Details & History

Built according to the 12m International Third Rule Cruising

938 - 1948 Einmar Stange - name: Eileen - home port: Oslo (Norway). Built as a C/R Twelve according to the Scandinavian tradition to assign to this class the yachts built in conformity to the International Rule but not for racing; the Twelve C/R yachts were still identified by an "E" on the main sail. Eileen is known as Eileen 2 because there was a much older Eileen (1907).

1949 - 1958 Niels Onstad.

1958 - 1969 Niels Onstad ? She is said being owned by Sonja Hennie, the famous skating olympic athlete and actress.

1970 - 1985 Unknown owners - at Mrs Hennie death the yacht is sold in Sweden and altered in ketch.

1985 - 1993 Erling Storm - home port: Oslo (Norway). She is used for charter after a restoration work.

1993 - 1999 Paul van der Bijl - home port: Cogolin (France). Eileen undergoes restoration under the supervision of architect Cees van Tongeren of the Van de Stadt firm. She is brought back to the original design of a C/R Twelve with some innovations in the interior and in the rigging.

2000 - 2006 Rick Langlaan - home port: Saint Tropez (France). Around 2006 a fire broke up and devastated the interiors.

2006 Marie and Jerome Borie - home port Marseille (France). Eileen has been restored with the interiors refitted more for racing than cruising.

All rights reserved. No part of this Register may be reproduced in any form by any graphic, electronic or mechanical means, including photocopies, nor can any registration of information within be recorded, without the written authorization of the authors Wm. H. Dyer Jones and Luigi Lang.